Sorry, but what does PITA stand for?
LOL, Anne!!
One of my co-workers moved to the suburbs from Pilsen just last year because a certain group of gangbangers decided that they were going to set up shop in her front yard!! Bold! [img]mad.gif[/img]
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 01, 2005 12:30 PM: Message edited by: smoredrama ]</font>
Sorry, but what does PITA stand for?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not really. Like Anne I'm a Cincinnati native, and my moms family lives near Youngstown which is a really tame place.Originally posted by judiaci:
And I always thought of Ohio as a very tame state!
PITA stands for pain in the "you know where".
Hmm...dosn't look like the first time something like this has happened
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">http://www.iranian.ws/cgi-bin/iran_n...view.cgi/1/326In the United States, Mattel, which makes Barbie, markets a Moroccan Barbie and sells a collector's doll named Leyla. Leyla's elaborate costume and tale of being taken as a slave in the court of a Turkish sultan are intended to convey the tribulations of one Muslim girl in the 1720s. "It's no surprise that they'd try to portray a Middle Eastern Barbie either as a belly dancer or a concubine," said Saadeh, adding that countering such stereotypes was one of his main aims in developing Razanne. Mattel didn't respond to repeated calls seeking comment.
This article was in our paper once. And no, I do not recieve an Iranian newspaper. This was the first google result that had this article.
My sister lives in Pilsen. I don't think of it as a dangerous place.
I agree with the article you dont know how something really is then do not suget coat it tell the truth about it.
Nikki [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Heck no! We'll riot at the drop of a hat. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] Parts of Cincinnati still haven't recovered from the last one. [img]redface.gif[/img]And I always thought of Ohio as a very tame state!
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 01, 2005 03:36 PM: Message edited by: kitschywoman ]</font>
I'm 3 hours from New Orleans. Yes, the violent crime rate has dropped, but there are STILL places that you couldn't pay me to go to, day or night. The French Quarter around Bourbon Street after 11 is one of those places. Even the bowling alley where we go swing dancing is in a bad part of time where you do not linger around outside after the dancing is over.
I live in a very low crime area, and again, there are places that you couldn't pay me to go after dark. I'm not even comfortable going through some of those places in the daylight!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">oops - thanks for pointing it outOriginally posted by smoredrama:
PITA stands for pain in the "you know where".
Kept thinking of pitta bread all the time, but thought that wouldn't be right.
Bookmarks